Monday, November 14, 2011

Infertility treatment

It all started in early 2005 when we started planning our family. When I didn't conceive for a few months, we went to see a doctor and I was asked to get the ultrasound done to check my follicle formation. Follicle formation was not at all good but I was also diagnosed with uterine fibroid. After seeing a few more doctors, I went through laproscopy and Myomectomy surgery. After waiting for 3 months after this surgery, Doctor put me on Letroz and injections and I was asked to try naturally although we had to go for scans every alternate day to check the ovulation. When it didn't happen naturally for a few months, doctor suggested me to go for IUI.
During this time, we also shifted to a new place so we went to see another good doctor. They also suggested to go for IUI. I went through 6 IUIs at regular intervals in almost 2 years. Again, it was a failure every time. IUI is not painful but it costs you some money. So when we were asked to go for IVF, we waited for some time. Finally, we had IVF in Dec 2009. 5 embryos were developed and out of those 2 were transferred and 3 were preserved. When the test was done after 15 days, it was positive and we were so happy. The test was done again after 2 days, the reading started going down instead of increasing. It again happened after 2 days. I was very sad when doctor told me this was a chemical pregnancy and I had to stop all the medicines right then. We were shocked and I remember I cried for so many days.
We were still hopeful and we again went for embryo transfer after 3 months. This time, there was nothing - no positive test, no pregnancy and not even chemical pregnancy....
It's been almost 1 1/2 years but I still feel that mental pain I had gone through. We might plan to have another IVF but we would like to be mentally, physically and financially prepared for that......

1 comment:

  1. My sister is also going through the same problem. All of us try to make her happy but I think what she can feel, is not easy for us to understand...I can only pray to God to give her lots of babies so that she could forget all the pain she is going through...

    ReplyDelete