Friday, November 11, 2011

Wanna-be-a-mom

I am writing this blog for all those women, who have been trying to conceive for a very long time....

I have been trying to conceive from last seven years. After going through all the possible infertility treatments, I am still waiting for a day when someone will call me MOM..It's been so long trying to conceive that now I feel tired even to try and fail one more time. Everyday I see something in the market or on TV which reminds me that I am having this big hole in my life which can only be filled by my child.
I was 27 when I got married and we thought to wait for an year before we started planning our family. But no one told me that everything can not happen as per your plan. When I didn't conceive for an year, we went to see the doctor and I was diagnosed with uterine fibroid. My follicle growth was also not good. My doctor said the fibroid was quite big and needed to be removed. Since it was not in the uterus but on the outer side, it wouldn't affect my cavity. The surgery was successful and then doctor put me on medicines for follicle growth. My follicle growth was also good with the help of medicines but it never helped me to conceive. Since then, I have gone through all the treatments including IUI & IVF but I am still waiting for that day to come..
There was a time when the only important things in my life were my family, my job and my dream to be a mom. After working so hard in my job for 7 years, I left my job because everyone said that job creates a lot of stress so it could be a reason I was not conceiving. It's been 4 1/2 years now since I left my job but this also hasn't helped. Although the stress I have been having becuase of not conceiving has created a lot of other problems in my body. Fibromyalgia and TMJ disorder are the major problems I am facing right now along with this problem of infertility. This has been caused by hours and hours of my crying everyday.
Sometimes, I am forced to think whether my trying to conceive is worth all the problems I am facing..How come it was so easy for me to leave the job for having a baby when there was a time when the job was my life...I have always been very fond of kids and all the kids in my family love me very very much. Is it not enough for me? But then, they have to go back to their moms everyday..There is no one who would hug me and give me a sweet smile before I sleep. there is no one who would come from the school and say.."Look Mom, I did it!"..
There are so many things I would like to share with you. My feelings and my pain can only be understood by those who themselves are going through this pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment